Project Controls Engineer
Washington, DC 20003
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As the leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for a Project Controls Engineer. As a Project Controls Engineer, you will be supporting our client, one of the world’s largest engineering, construction, technical and management services firms.
The Project Controls Engineer will join the project team on-site at multiple federal building job sites in Washington, DC. The Project Controls Engineer will be responsible for tracking and providing reports concerning workflow timeliness, providing reports on the status of submittals and other job duties, to include:
- Maintaining the submittal and RFI (Request for Information) PROLOG computer database of documentation generated by contractors with responses issued by AOC and its consultants
- Receiving submittals, drawings, RFIs, change orders, correspondence and supplemental agreements from contractors and submitting them for review to the client
- Evaluating and quantitatively analyzing all submissions for their completeness and timeliness, and notifying the appropriate party of any anomalies or situations requiring resolution
- Creating and maintaining PROLOG files on computer for projects specified in issued task orders
Specific qualifications for the Project Controls Engineer role include:
- 2 or 4 year degree in a technical discipline or construction-related field is preferred, or a high school diploma and equivalent applicable work experience
- Minimum of 5 years project controls experience on commercial construction projects is required and previous work on Federal projects is preferred
- Knowledge of PROLOG software is preferred
- Must be able to pass a standard Federal background investigation
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match
- Medical Insurance Plan which includes prescription coverage
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability
Build a better construction career with RealStreet!