Senior Project Engineer
Glastonbury, CT 06033 US
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As a leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for a Senior Project Engineer. This individual will support our client, a family-owned construction firm with offices and projects across North America. The position provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes paid holidays and time off, an extensive insurance plan and a 401(k) retirement plan with a generous company match.
The Senior Project Engineer will become a part of our client’s Connecticut Business Unit as a mid-level leader, and can work out of any of the following office locations: New Haven, CT, Bridgeport, CT, Glastonbury, CT and Norwalk, CT. This individual will report to the Senior Project Executive and be responsible for obtaining, evaluating and distributing the information and authorizations that are necessary to construct high-quality projects on time and within budget.
Responsibilities of the Senior Project Engineer include:
- Managing the change management process
- Contributing to monthly cost report meetings
- Adhering to the project controls procedures to include monthly cost control, pay requests and cost reporting
- Estimating and preparing shop drawings
- Developing business by identifying client needs
- Serving as an ongoing advocate for the business and clients
Specific qualifications for the Senior Project Engineer include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Construction Management
- Eight (8) or more years of engineering experience, to include:
- Experience working for a Construction Management firm or a General Contractor
- Experience on projects valued at $20+ million
- Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) knowledge and experience
- OSHA 10-Hour Certified
- Computer proficiency, with experience using:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- CMiC, preferred
- Authorized to work in the US
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match
- Medical Insurance Plan which includes prescription coverage
- Voluntary Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & long term disability insurance
Build a better construction career with RealStreet!
RealStreet is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.