Frederick, MD 20785 US
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As a leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
RealStreet currently has a great opportunity for Project Manager in Frederick, MD. This individual will support our client, a highly-reputable, woman-owned Design/Build contractor. The position provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes paid holidays, paid time off, an extensive insurance plan and a 401(k) retirement plan with a generous company match (additional benefit details listed below).
The Project Manager will provide construction project management services to our client on projects at Fort Detrick.
Responsibilities of the Project Manager include:
- Development of cost estimates of assigned projects, and prepare project budgets for approval
- Assist in the selection and contracting process of subcontractors, consultants and construction teams as necessary for each project, to include:
- Soliciting and reviewing bids from subcontractors and material suppliers for correct scope of work (SOW)
- Preparing subcontract agreements and purchase orders for review and approval by senior management
- Tracking and obtaining properly executed documents to include contracts, insurance certificates, bonds and other documents as required to protect company’s interests
- Ensuring subcontractors have properly executed subcontracts with complete scopes
- Management of project start-up and closeout processes
- Prepare, monitor and maintain contract documents, tracking logs, submittals, shop drawings, requests for information (RFI), change orders, material deliveries and other quality control
- Prepare and coordinate project reports and drawing reviews (for clients, property/facility management team and project team) at conceptual, schematic, design development and construction phases of projects
- Report to immediate supervisor with any foreseen challenges and recommendations
- Update the schedule on a timely basis, and help prepare the Project Status Report
- Review requisitions, change orders and other invoices associated with the project and confer with client and property management on costs and impacts
- Prepare change proposals and negotiate, execute and issue change orders
- Prepare revisions to the budget
- Advise and obtain the necessary approvals from the appropriate members of management, of potential organizational changes, actions that might require additional commitments and the need for expenditures in excess of approved budget
- Adhere to government laws and regulations and established rulings of government authorities including building codes, safety regulations, etc.
Specific qualifications for the Project Manager include:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in engineering, construction management, architecture or related field or equivalent construction experience
- One (1) or more years’ experience as project management with knowledge of principles and practices of engineering and construction project management, including safety standards
- One (1) or more years’ experience in project management and scheduling software (i.e. MS Project or other)
- One (1) or more years’ experience in latest version of MS Office Suite
- Obtain and maintain current certifications for First Aid, CPR and OSHA 30
- Authorized to work in U.S.
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match
- Medical Insurance Plan which includes prescription coverage
- Voluntary Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & Long-term Disability
Build a better construction career with RealStreet!
RealStreet is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.