Construction QA Inspector I
Arlington, VA 22046 US
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As a leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have an assignment for a Construction QA Inspector I in Arlington, VA, supporting mission critical projects throughout the National Capital Region (NCR). In addition to a competitive salary, this position provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes paid holidays, paid time off, an extensive insurance plan and a 401(k) retirement plan with a generous company match (additional benefit details listed below).
The Construction QA Inspector I will be responsible for providing quality assurance inspections as part of the Quality Assurance program.
The responsibilities of the Construction QA Inspector I include:
- Insuring construction contractor implements effective Quality Management processes to control and deliver quality work that complies with project design, specification and contract documents
- Researching design specifications, codes, drawings and product information for inspections and preparatory meetings
- Writing and preparing daily QA reports to document field observations and take effective pictures
- Supporting the Government in conducting site evaluations, field surveys and site visits to determine constructability and code compliance
- Working knowledge in the US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) 3-Phasses of Control
Specific qualifications for the Construction QA Inspector I include:
- Bachelor of Science in engineering, architecture or construction management*
- Five (5) years of related construction experience*
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to pass and maintain a Public Trust Clearance (HSPD-12 fingerprint background check)
- Knowledge or experience to define, research, understand and recognize quality construction work in the following:
- Structural concrete
- Foundation bearing soils preparation
- Mechanical systems
- Interior finishes
- Must be willing to work 25% of time outside normal duty hours to include nights, weekends and holidays as needed to observe contractor work. Additional hours may be required on specific projects
* Additional combinations of education, licensure and experience may be considered, but are subject to government acceptance.
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match
- Medical Insurance Plan which includes prescription coverage
- Voluntary Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability
Build a better construction career with RealStreet!
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.