Orange County, California 37203
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected construction management executives to owners and leading contractors, working on commercial and government projects. As one of the leading firms in the country specializing exclusively in this area, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading organizations enabling us access to the top engineering and construction programs throughout the country.
RealStreet currently has an assignment for a Resident Engineer in Orange County, California. This individual will support our client, a full-service engineering and construction firm that provides excellent growth opportunities over an extensive geographic footprint. In addition to a competitive salary, this position provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes paid holidays, paid time off, an extensive insurance plan and a 401(k) retirement plan with a generous company match (additional benefit details listed below).
The Resident Engineer will be responsible for providing construction oversight, project management and contract administration on a variety of projects throughout Southern California.
Additional responsibilities of the Resident Engineer will include:
- Proactively managing construction contracts from inception to completion
- Overseeing on-site activities and inspecting construction work to ensure compliance with design and contract documents
- Assisting in assessment of project risk and outlining risk mitigation solutions
- Preparing reports (such as daily inspection and monthly progress reports) to track construction activities
- Informing the Construction Manager of specific project problems and recommending solutions
- Reviewing and approving contractor estimates and changes orders
- Preparing job-related correspondence and conducting contract/client meetings
Specific qualifications for the Resident Engineer role include:
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or construction management
- Twelve (12) or more years of construction management experience on municipal water and wastewater infrastructure projects, including experience overseeing contractors on projects valued at $25 million or more
- Designation as a Certified Construction Manager (CCM) with the Construction Management Association of America (CMAA) is highly preferred
- California Professional Engineer (PE) preferred
- Experience reviewing and managing submittals, RFI’s and change orders
- Proven experience providing thorough, on-time delivery of project outcomes
- A proficiency using the Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Project
- Experience using Primavera P6, EADOC and Bluebeam software
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match
- Medical Insurance Plan which includes prescription coverage
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & Long-term Disability
Build a better construction career with RealStreet!