Houston, TX 29607 US
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As a leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for a Senior Architect. This individual will support our client, an engineering, procurement and construction services firm with projects around the world. The position provides a benefits package which includes an extensive insurance plan and a 401(k) retirement plan with a generous company match.
The Senior Architect will provide architectural services for nuclear projects out of our client’s office in Houston, TX.
Responsibilities of the Senior Architect include:
- Planning, coordinating and completing architectural work
- Managing special tasks
- Assisting in the preparation of task estimates
- Performing studies and preparing analysis
- Conducting construction document reviews
- Providing expertise and guidance in architectural design, and with the resolution of technical, code, regulatory and safety issues
- Assisting in the preparation of task estimates, performing studies, prepare analysis and conducting construction document reviews
- Providing leadership, training and consultation to co-workers and interfacing with other disciplines, project teams and organizations
Specific qualifications for the Senior Architect include:
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture
- Ten (10) years of relevant architectural experience, preferably including:
- Federal project experience with the Department of Energy (DOE) or the Department of Defense (DoD)
- Experience managing large projects from project set-up, developing control-level schedules, progress reporting, and project close-out
- Effort-hour estimating and staff forecasting experience
- Practical field experience
- A working knowledge of Federal (including the Department of Energy), state and local codes and standards applicable to architectural design, as well as commercial availability and cost of materials, means and methods of construction
- Licensure as a Registered Architect with current state registration, preferably through the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB), as well as membership and active participation in an external technical society
- Intermediate computer and software skills to include:
- Experience using word processing, e-mail, spreadsheet and electronic presentation programs
- Familiarity with computer aided drafting (CAD) applications
- Discipline specific software
- Must be a US Citizen
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match
- Medical Insurance Plan which includes prescription coverage
- Voluntary Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & long term disability insurance
Build a better construction career with RealStreet!
RealStreet is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.