Senior Architectural Designer
Greenville, SC 29607 US
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As a leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for a Senior Architectural Designer. This individual will support our client, an engineering, procurement and construction services firm with projects around the world. The position provides a benefits package which includes an extensive insurance plan and a 401(k) retirement plan with a generous company match.
The Senior Architectural Designer will serve as Design Area Lead on assigned projects, with moderate to difficult complexity design scope, on nuclear projects in South Carolina.
Responsibilities of the Senior Architectural Designer include:
- Developing and reviewing project Scope of Services, Scope of Facilities and other project baseline documents for all phases of projects
- Developing estimates, schedules, staffing requirements, progress reports and key quantities tracking reports
- Performing bulk material take-off analysis and tabulations
- Preparing 3D layouts and schematics, creating 3D models of advanced complexity and conducting reviews of models using 3D review platform
- Preparing 2D Computer Aided Design (CAD) drawings of advanced complexity
- Delivering quality design work while adhering to:
- Health, safety, environmental and sustainability policies
- Industry codes and standards
- Departmental practices
- Project Quality Plans and procedures
- Reviewing fabricator drawing and checking work done by other Designers
- Reviewing vendor equipment documentation within the discipline and from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements
- Analyzing and making independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organizational and project objectives and guidelines
- Organizing and prioritizing a variety of projects and tasks in an effective and timely manner
Specific qualifications for the Senior Architectural Designer include:
- Associate’s degree in architecture or another related field
- Ten (10) years of relevant architectural design experience, preferably including:
- Federal project experience, particularly with the Department of Energy (DOE) or the Department of Defense (DoD)
- Experience working on engineering projects at nuclear facilities under a Nuclear Quality Assurance program
- Advanced knowledge of architectural design of commercial and industrial buildings including plan layouts and detailing of building assemblies
- Experience using Microsoft Office, or similar software, with an intermediate level of skill utilizing word processing, email, spreadsheets and electronic presentations
- Proficiency with 2D and 3D design software including:
- Autodesk Revit
- Bentley Microstation
- Must be a US Citizen
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match
- Medical Insurance Plan which includes prescription coverage
- Voluntary Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & long term disability insurance
Build a better construction career with RealStreet!
RealStreet is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.