Senior Civil Design Engineer (Land)
Arlington, VA 22201 | Direct
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As the leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for a Senior Civil Engineer with one of our top clients. Our client provides professional design services for institutional, government and private clients with expertise in master planning, sustainable design, landscape architecture and civil engineering.
The Senior Civil Engineer is responsible for planning and designing land development, utility systems, roadways and other infrastructure components for government, institutional, commercial, airport and transportation-related projects.
The Senior Civil Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Evaluate sites for proposed construction and make recommendations
- Produce detailed designs and documentation for construction and implementation of civil engineering projects
- Develop and organize the delivery of Project Plans and Specifications
- Consult with other engineers, architects, landscape architects, environmental scientists and other project consultants
- Design Civil Construction Projects including land development, utility systems, roadways and other infrastructure components for government, institutional, commercial, dam, reservoir, and airport projects
- Prepare engineering calculations required for the design of projects and coordinate the development of construction drawings
- Mentor Junior Engineers and CAD Operators
Specific qualifications for the Senior Civil Engineer role include:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- 5 - 7+ years of Civil Engineering Design experience with at least 3 years of progressive project management experience
- Extensive experience in land development design and civil construction projects including stormwater management, grading and erosion & sediment control; Federal experience a plus
- This role requires a self-sufficient and flexible person with the ability to work on several projects simultaneously
- Must be a registered professional engineer preferably in at least one of the following: Virginia, Maryland, District of Columbia, or able to obtain reciprocity via NCEES
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD and AutoDesk Civil 3D is required
- Able to obtain a security clearance and willingness to travel outside the U.S.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Build a better construction career with RealStreet and contact us today!