Senior Construction Cost Estimator
Arlington, VA 22046 US
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As a leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have an assignment for a Senior Construction Cost Estimator in Arlington, VA, supporting mission critical projects throughout the National Capital Region (NCR). In addition to a competitive salary, this position provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes paid holidays, paid time off, an extensive insurance plan and a 401(k) retirement plan with a generous company match (additional benefit details listed below).
The Senior Construction Cost Estimator will be responsible for developing Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) and independent government cost estimates for program and project budgeting, A/E designs, military construction long-term projects and current maintenance, repair, alteration and construction projects following the guidance in Unified Facilities Criteria, UFC 3-701-01 and all Construction Specifications Institute Divisions.
The responsibilities of the Senior Construction Cost Estimator include:
- Developing project budget planning, scope development, design change impact analysis and gathering project requirements and justifications to meet client’s needs
- Direct supervision over a small team of schedulers while managing day to day workload, providing training as required and conducting performance reviews
- Identifying and engaging potential stakeholders, developing traceability matrices and identifying early project intake risks
- Conducting reviews of General Contractor construction contracts, subcontracts schedule of values to generate thorough evaluations producing client recommendations
- Providing client and stakeholders cost expectations via estimates, value engineering potential projects and change orders
- Facilitating and managing resolution meetings on conflicts between drawings, specifications and interpretation differences
- Scheduling, leading and participating in weekly project progress meeting and monthly program progress meetings to evaluate schedule progress, identifying departures from the accepted baseline schedule and evaluating risk to long-term project health
Specific qualifications for the Senior Construction Cost Estimator include:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, Science or Mathematics*
- Ten (10) years of related construction cost estimating experience or combined estimating and project management experience*
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to pass and maintain a Public Trust Clearance (HSPD-12 fingerprint background check)
* Additional combinations of education, licensure and experience may be considered, but are subject to government acceptance.
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match
- Medical Insurance Plan which includes prescription coverage
- Voluntary Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability
Build a better construction career with RealStreet!
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.