Senior Construction Engineering Inspector
Columbia, SC 29201 US
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As a leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for a Senior Construction Engineering Inspector (CEI). This individual will support our client, a multidisciplinary engineering firm based out of Columbia, SC. The position provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes an extensive insurance plan and a 401(k) retirement plan with a generous company match.
The Senior CEI will become a critical part of an engineering team in our client’s Columbia, South Carolina office and will support DOT roadway and bridges projects.
- Checking site grades and elevations
- Leading the team of construction inspectors on site
- Observing construction, testing and inspection activities
- Documenting inspection activities
Specific qualifications for the Senior CEI include:
- A high school diploma is required, a bachelor’s degree in engineering is preferred
- Six (6) years of construction engineering and inspection experience on roadway and bridge projects
- Required certifications include:
- SCDOT Asphalt Roadway Technician
- SCDOT Earthwork and Base Course Technician
- SCDOT Concrete Technician Level 1 & 2
- SCDOT Foundations Technician
- SCDOT Advanced Work Zone Traffic Control
- Nuclear Gauge Technician Certification
- Certified Erosion Prevention and Sediment Control Inspector (CEPSCI)
- ACI Field Grade Technician I
- International Municipal Signal Association (IMSA) Certifications
- Basic computer skills, with experience using the Microsoft Suite
- Valid driver’s license with the ability to travel periodically
- Authorized to work in the US
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match
- Medical Insurance Plan which includes prescription coverage
- Voluntary Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & long term disability insurance
Build a better construction career with RealStreet!
RealStreet is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.