Senior Cost Estimator
Alexandria, VA 22314 | Temp/Contract to Direct
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As the leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for a Senior Cost Estimator with one of our top clients. Our client is a cost and project management firm that provides independent, practical and actionable advice to their clients.
The Senior Cost Estimator will assist with presenting clients with cost estimating, bid analysis, change order management, life-cycle costs analysis, contractual interpretation and positioning, value management and all other commercial construction aspects. The Senior Cost Estimator will manage and collaborate between the cost managers and project managers such that each benefits from the other’s project experience and complementary skill sets to continually improve services.
The Senior Cost Estimator shall:
- Produce conceptual cost estimating using narrative, program areas & line diagrams AND detailed cost estimating with labor and material breakdown
- Provide day-to-day oversight of the cost team
- Assume a leadership role on projects
- Provide detailed cost estimates with labor, material and equipment breakdowns at all stages of project life-cycle: feasibility, concept through the various design stages to pre-bid
- produce fee proposals, technical review and quality control, coordination of cost estimating, change order and other cost-based services
- Participate in production of cost estimates and change order reviews
- Manage the financial performance of the change order service’s projects
- Attend project site visits both in and outside the continental United States on an as-needed basis
- Work with colleagues and marketing consultant to plan out future growth of the company
- Work with colleagues and make connections in the local marketplace with design firms and other potential clients to maintain an external-facing source of work
- Provide technical input into proposals, as required
Specific qualifications for the Senior Cost Estimator role include:
- 10+ years of experience preparing budgets, cost plans / estimates, cash flow analyses and other financial reports on medium to large-scale construction projects such as hospitality, commercial, educational and governmental
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Quantity Surveying, Construction Management OR equivalent field experience
- A solid understanding of the construction industry including quantity surveying, construction management, engineering, architecture and mechanical, electrical and plumbing
- Ability to effectively plan, manage time and problem-solve
- Provide technical input into proposals as required
- Experience writing complex business documents such as reports, papers, detailed letters and emails
- Capacity to work in a team setting with minimal supervision or direction
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Experience with on-screen takeoff software and Bluebeam
- Must be a U.S. Citizen*
*The nature of this position requires all candidates to be US Citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an Active Clearance. Background checks will be required prior tostartof assignment and will encompass a criminal background check as well as a credit check.
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Health, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Paid time off
Build a better construction career with RealStreet and contact us today!