Boston, MA 02210 US
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As a leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
RealStreet currently has a great opportunity for a Senior Estimator. This individual will support our client, a family-owned construction firm with offices and projects across North America. The position provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes paid holidays and time off, an extensive insurance plan and a 401(k) retirement plan with a generous company match (additional benefit details listed below).
The Senior Estimator will support the VP of Preconstruction in the in Boston, MA office. This position is responsible for leading a team of estimating and overseeing the preparation of detailed estimates throughout various stages of design utilizing internal take offs and subcontractor/vendor pricing.
Responsibilities of the Senior Estimator include:
- Reviewing project plans, requirements and specifications in order to:
- Assess project risks
- Determine labor and equipment costs
- Substantiate all aspects of final estimates
- Prepare pricing assumptions, stating the basis of an estimate
- Analyze conceptual and schematic drawings and from that, develop detailed estimates
- Overseeing the estimating team during the development of architectural, civil, structural and MEP estimates
- Track and report on current material and labor prices, including escalation
- Develop meaningful Value Engineering (VE) contributions to reduce price
- Developing and maintaining reports to track/explain the cost delta between estimates
- Obtaining and thoroughly leveling multiple bids to
- Reach the best and final number for that particular bid package(s)
- Participate in lump sum bid efforts assigned to one or more trade package
- Help prepare detailed Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP) efforts assigned to one or more bid package
Specific qualifications for the Senior Estimator include:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Eight (8) years of construction estimating experience, to include:
- Residential high-rise, healthcare, life sciences, cultural, interior design or institutional building projects
- Experience on projects valued at $20+ million
- Established relationships throughout the Massachusetts subcontractor market, to include:
- Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) contractors
- Computer proficiency, with experience using:
- On-Screen Take-off software
- Destini estimating software, preferred
- A valid Driver’s license
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match
- Medical Insurance Plan which includes prescription coverage
- Voluntary Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & Long Term Disability
Build a better construction career with RealStreet!
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.