York, PA 17406
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As the leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for a Senior Estimator with one of our top clients based in the York, Pennsylvania area. As a Senior Estimator, you will be supporting our client, a well-respected regional contractor focused on Industrial, Commercial and Healthcare construction.
The Senior Estimator will be responsible for preparing and coordinating the preparation of conceptual estimates and proposals for client company projects and bids. The selected candidate will join a seasoned estimating team providing a full design-build approach for the design, fabrication and erection of new and renovated facilities, and shall:
- Achieve yearly volume and margins on work equal to or exceeding annual goals
- Develop conceptual estimates and proposals that result in securing projects consistent with sales goals established by the President; typical project sizes range from $50K - $20M
- Develop strategies on a per-estimate basis that give client a competitive advantage on all opportunities
- On design-build projects, manage the work of the design professionals retained by the owner and client to assure that scheduled submission dates and approvals are achieved
- Manage the project’s development relative to design criteria and cost to assure a positive outcome for the client
- Complete estimates assigned in an expedient time frame
- Be prepared and organized for bid review meetings
- Schedule and review all proposals and estimates with Vice President before submitting to client
- Participate as a key individual in client proposal presentations
- Maintain good working relationships with clients
- Maintain a current list of qualified, viable subcontractors and suppliers from each trade, size and location
- Schedule and attend pre-construction meetings
- Maintain an open line of communication with the Project Manager throughout project lifecycle
- Review job cost reports at the end of the project to keep abreast of current construction trends
- Meet all assigned deadlines
- Achieve adequate coverage as required by each bid
- Display complete understanding of the requirements of each bid
- Provide detailed and accurate take-off as required for each estimate
- Maintain complete and accurate estimate file for each estimate
- Create accurate conceptual estimate with minimal or no bid documents when necessary
- Produce accurate, complete scopes of work that accurately reflect the estimate scope
- Work on multiple estimates simultaneously
Specific qualifications for the Senior Estimator role include the following:
- 15+ years of design-build conceptual estimating experience required
- Working knowledge of Timberline and basic computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required.
- Must possess strong management, leadership and interpersonal skills including strong oral and written communication skills
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel to local job sites
Our client offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Paid Time Off
- Medical and dental insurance
- Short term and long term disability Insurance
- Life insurance
- 401k with generous company matching
- And opportunity for career growth!
Build a better construction career with RealStreet and contact us today!