Senior Project Manager
Abingdon, MD 21009 | Temp/Contract to Direct
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives in the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As the leading firm in the country which specializes in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to great opportunities throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for a Senior Project Manager with one of our top clients. As a Senior Project Manager, you will support our client, a well-respected, top awarded commercial construction firm providing a full range of services throughout the Maryland and surrounding areas.
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for managing a variety of key projects simultaneously from cradle to grave. The selected candidate will be involved in many higher education projects throughout the Maryland and Northern Virginia areas. Additional responsibilities include the following:
- Manage the profit and loss of each project within 95%+ of budget
- Review production costs of each project and provide accurate and timely reports. Ensure payments are received in a timely manner
- Promptly address any challenges throughout the lifecycle of each project, providing the best tailored solution for each specific project issue
- Collaborate with customers, subcontractors, superintendents and other internal team members throughout the project lifecycle.
- Manage project planning, including the construction schedule and agreements with subcontractors
- Provide direction to site superintendents and subcontractors on a routine basis. Regularly visit job sites to discuss challenges and successes
- Report project timeline to upper management on a regular basis
- Effectively communicate with all team members on a daily basis. Ensure client is kept abreast of project progress and updates
Specific qualifications for the Senior Project Manager role include the following:
- 15+ years of construction-related experience
- Experience managing multiple construction projects, ($5M+) of significant scope, simultaneously with minimal direction, including the CM Agency and CM at Risk delivery methods. GC experience is also helpful
- Knowledge surrounding preliminary schedules and constructability reviews
- Extensive use and high proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Use of an ERP or a construction management system such as Viewpoint, Proliance, Expedition, Submittal Exchange, e-Builder, Adobe Docs, AIA, BlueBeam; scheduling tools such as Primavera P6; and document sharing programs such as Box.com, Dropbox or Google Drive
- Higher Ed, K-12, and Healthcare experience highly preferred
- Systematic approach to organization and time management required
- Prior exposure to construction management practices
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills, a sense of ownership, and commitment to constantly improve business practices
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Paid Time Off
- Pail Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match
- Medical Insurance Plan which includes prescription coverage
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & Long – Term Disability
Build a better construction career with RealStreet! Contact us today!