Senior Structural Designer
Mobile, AL 36609 US
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As a leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for a Senior Structural Designer. This individual will support our client, a design engineering firm based out of Mobile, AL, with commercial, industrial and federal projects around the country. The position provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes paid holidays, paid time off, an extensive insurance plan and a 401(k) retirement plan with a generous company match.
The Senior Structural Designer will become a critical part of a project design team in our client’s Mobile, Alabama office.
- Responsibilities of the Senior Structural Designer include:
- Generating structural engineering drawings from concept to implementation
- Performing calculations and reviewing structural design elements
- Conducting research to back up designs and calculations
- Maintaining engineering documentation
- Ensuring quality standards and reviewing processes to maintain accuracy, meet financial goals and ensure schedules are met
- Assuring project designs meet technical and industry standards
- Mentoring designers and drafters
Specific qualifications for the Senior Structural Designer include:
- High School Diploma
- Ten (10) years of experience as a structural designer
- One (1) year of experience using Revit
- Knowledge of current building codes, such as:
- International Building Code (IBC)
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- American Concrete Institute (ACI)
- American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC)
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Authorized to work in the US
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match
- Medical Insurance Plan which includes prescription coverage
- Voluntary Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & long term disability insurance
Build a better construction career with RealStreet!
RealStreet is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.