Senior Structural Engineer
Houston, TX 29607 US
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As a leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for a Senior Structural Engineer. This individual will support our client, an engineering, procurement and construction services firm with projects around the world. The position provides a benefits package which includes an extensive insurance plan and a 401(k) retirement plan with a generous company match.
The Senior Structural Engineer will provide structural engineering support on multiple nuclear projects, our of our client's office in Houston, TX.
Responsibilities of the Senior Structural Engineer include:
- Planning, organizing and coordinating structural engineering and multi-disciplined team/design projects
- Engaging in the planning, design and construction phases of engineering projects
- Preparing and reviewing calculations, drawings and specifications relating to seismic, wind, foundation, structural framing and bracing analyses and design
- Conducting construction document reviews, as required
Specific qualifications for the Senior Structural Engineer include:
- Bachelor of Science in civil or structural engineering
- Ten (10) years of relevant structural engineering experience, to include:
- Federal project experience, particularly with the Department of Energy (DOE) or the Department of Defense (DoD)
- Nuclear operation project experience, preferred
- Experience throughout the design, estimating, specification preparation, construction document preparation and related phases of engineering
- Experience in renovating or modifying existing facilities
- Experience conducting field inspections of construction projects
- A working knowledge of Federal (including Department of Energy), state and local codes and standards applicable to structural engineering design
- Proficiency with Computer Aided Design (CAD) software
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) is preferred
- Must be a US Citizen
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match
- Medical Insurance Plan which includes prescription coverage
- Voluntary Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & long term disability insurance
Build a better construction career with RealStreet!
RealStreet is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.