College Park, MD 20740 | Temp/Contract to Direct
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As the leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for a Senior Superintendent with one of our top clients. As a Senior Superintendent, you will be supporting our client, a well-respected, top awarded general contractor in the mid-Atlantic area.
The Senior Superintendent will be responsible for the on-site management and execution of a large construction project beginning in September in College Park, Maryland. The Superintendent will lead and manage the performance of subcontractors and crews while ensuring all work is completed on-time at a high standard.
The candidate must possess solid leadership and analytical skills, common sense business acumen and an ability to coordinate multiple teams to ensure the success of the project. In addition, candidates must have significant experience managing major construction projects in the higher education sector.
Typical duties for the Senior Superintendent include the following:
- Review details of project and timeline with Project Manager before, during and after project has been completed
- Oversee and manage Assistant Superintendent and APM as well as 12-15 packages of subcontractors and crews on a daily basis
- Adapt work schedule as needed and assign all tasks to teams
- Direct and lead crews throughout project while maintaining open communication regarding progress with Project Manager
- Analyze and resolve any issues relating to project and work closely with Project Manager to ensure satisfactory resolution
- Examine and inspect work progress, equipment and work sites to verify safety and ensure that project specifications are met
- Continually estimate material and worker requirements to complete project
- Read specifications such as blueprints and data to determine applicable construction project requirements
- Anticipate work progress versus schedule and adjust labor as needed to avoid any down time
- Inspect work both in progress and once completed to determine conformance to specifications
- Perform other duties as directed by the Project Manager
Specific qualifications for the role of Senior Superintendent include the following:
- 15+ years of experience with major construction projects primarily overseeing subcontractors and crews and knowledge of all trades mandatory
- 15+ years of safety experience required, safety certification highly preferred and experience monitoring jobs to ensure full compliance with OSHA required
- Prior experience inspecting work to ensure completion and all specifications satisfactorily met Experience anticipating work progress versus schedule and adjusting work hours to avoid any down time
- Prior experience working on major construction projects including significant site work and utilities required and prior experience working on higher education projects a must
- Working knowledge of PlanGrid or Viewpoint highly preferred and Microsoft Office Suite proficiency required
- Strong communication skills required
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes the following:
- Health, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Paid time off
Build a better construction career with RealStreet! Contact us today!