Senior Survey CADD Technician (Fort Worth, Texas)
Fort Worth, TX 37203
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As a leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for a Senior Survey CADD Technician. This individual will support our client, a growing civil design firm based out of Fort Worth, TX with projects in the southwest. The position provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes an extensive insurance plan and a 401(k) retirement plan with a generous company match.
The Senior Survey CADD Technician will become a part of our client’s civil design office in Fort Worth, TX. This position is responsible for working on a wide variety of civil design projects with multiple teams from offices across the company’s footprint.
Responsibilities of the Senior Survey CADD Technician include:
- Reduces field notes and computes traverses
- Prepare preliminary designs for less complex construction projects
- Prepare layout work for preliminary and final plans for construction projects
- Sets preliminary and final grades
- Calculates quantities and cost estimates and all quantities for inclusion in construction
- Prepares drafts of construction specifications and legal descriptions
- Schedules and assigns the work of an engineering survey crew and a small office engineering drafting section
- Provides technical assistance and guidance on work methods and procedures to less experienced personnel in related work
- Interprets survey data for mapping while creating cross-sections and templates
- Designs and checks airport clearances and flight paths when required
- Designs lighting requirements
- Calculates earthwork volumes including cuts and fills
- Determines earthwork distribution
- Design traffic control plans during construction
- Design temporary and permanent erosion control measures
- Determine required right-of-way for the project
- Design roadway intersections
- Prepare complete plans, specifications, and estimates for a construction project
- Overnight and out-of-town travel may be required
Specific qualifications for the Senior Survey CADD Technician include:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Some course work at a vocational school including engineering technology
- Ten (10) years of experience as an engineering technician or CADD technician
- Proficiency with AutoCad Civil 3D, latest Version or Microstation, latest version
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Authorized to work in the US
- Valid driver’s license
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match
- Medical Insurance Plan which includes prescription coverage
- Voluntary Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & long-term disability insurance
Build a better construction career with RealStreet!
RealStreet is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.