Steel Fabrication Shop Manager
Washington, DC 21113 US
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As a leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for a Steel Fabrication Shop Manager. This individual will support our client, a growing fabrication facility in the Washington DC area with steel materials manufacturing. The position provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes paid holidays, paid time off, an extensive insurance plan and a 401(k) retirement plan with a generous company match.
The Steel Fabrication Shop Manager will become a critical part of a high volume, ever-changing steel manufacturing team in our client’s Maryland facility outside of DC. This position will require comprehensive management of various disciplines such as welding and fabrication while also overseeing raw materials purchasing and local logistics.
Responsibilities of the Steel Fabrication Shop Manager include:
- Use of financial data in formulation of strategic and operational objectives to maintain profitability
- Daily interactive coaching and training of staff in welding and fabrication techniques
- Management of production through use of KPI’s or other means of data collection used for improvement evaluations
- Interfaces with multiple external departments related to plant production, quality assurance, product installation and project schedules
- Ensures all direct and indirect reports adhere to quality and safety rules and regulations as per OSHA/MOSH
Specific qualifications for the Steel Fabrication Shop Manager include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in construction management, business or engineering (trade school training in management, blueprint reading, welding and fabrication may be substituted)
- Six (6) years of experience in a high-volume fabrication or manufacturing facility
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite, latest version
- Valid driver’s license
- Authorized to work in the US
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match
- Medical Insurance Plan which includes prescription coverage
- Voluntary Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & long term disability insurance
Build a better construction career with RealStreet!
RealStreet is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.