Mobile, AL 36609 US
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As a leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for a Structural Engineer. This individual will support our client, a design engineering firm based out of Mobile, AL, with commercial, industrial and federal projects around the country. The position provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes paid holidays, paid time off, an extensive insurance plan and a 401(k) retirement plan with a generous company match.
The Structural Engineer will become a critical part of a project design team in our client’s Mobile, Alabama office and will support commercial and industrial projects.
Responsibilities of the Structural Engineer include:
- Performing and reviewing complex engineering calculations
- Preparing and reviewing technical reports and specifications
- Reviewing and evaluating complex drawings to ensure designs meet industry standards
- Conducting research to serve as back up for designs
- Ensuring quality standards and reviewing processes to maintain accuracy, meet goals and achieve milestones
- Mentoring designers and drafters
Specific qualifications for the Structural Engineer include:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer (PE) in the state of Alabama
- Five (5) years of commercial and industrial project experience as a PE, including:
- Deep foundations
- Shallow foundations
- Structural steel
- Knowledge of building codes in use including:
- International Building Code (IBC)
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- American Concrete Institute (ACI)
- American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC)
- Proficient with the latest version of Revit, with a working knowledge of RISA
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Authorized to work in the US
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match
- Medical Insurance Plan which includes prescription coverage
- Voluntary Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
Build a better construction career with RealStreet!
Apply now!RealStreet is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.