Remote, USA 85008
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As a leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great remote assignment for an Structural / Civil Engineer supporting a construction project in Phoenix, AZ. This individual will support our client, a leading engineering consulting firm based out of Baltimore, MD. The position provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes paid holidays, paid time off, an extensive insurance plan and a 401(k) retirement plan with a generous company match (additional benefit details listed below).
The Structural / Civil Engineer will work alongside the Project Manager reviewing existing design drawings for a large low rise steel construction in the early stages of construction.
Additional responsibilities of the Structural / Civil Engineer include:
- Reviewing civil details of the site for code compliance and process equipment sizing to include:
- Drainage, layout, and all structural design
- Third party reviews of key calculations and structural code compliance
- Supporting the development of structural system designs, specifications, narratives, and layouts for a variety of systems and projects.
- Producing deliverables including calculations, drawings, and specifications
- Ensuring that drawings and designs are in accordance with company production and structural design standards by conducting back of the envelope calculations
- Attending project meetings with the Project Manager and client providing status updates
- Conducting site visits to ensure ongoing project success
Specific qualifications for the Structural / Civil Engineer include:
- Bachelors of Science degree in Structural / Civil Engineering from an accredited university
- Eight (8) or more years in design work as a Structural / Civil Engineer
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable design and codes for structural systems
- Strong technical skills, including proficiency with:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Editing software such as PDF Editor most recent version, or BlueBeam standard 2020
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match
- Medical Insurance Plan which includes prescription coverage
- Voluntary Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & long term disability insurance
Build a better construction career with RealStreet!
RealStreet is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.