Kalamazoo, MI 49008
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As a leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for a Superintendent. This individual will support our client, a growing government contracting firm based out of Kalamazoo, MI, with projects throughout the US. The position provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes paid holidays, paid time off, an extensive insurance plan and a 401(k) retirement plan with a generous company match.
The Superintendent oversee the construction process and responsible for the overall construction activities within the established design, budget and schedule guidelines.
Additional responsibilities for the Superintendent include:
- Working in conjunction with Project Manager and Construction Project Coordinator on planning, scheduling, and organizing of daily activities
- Maintaining and filing daily reports on all required forms and include progress pictures
- Monitoring quality control compliance of on-site preps, material check-ins, rework list and deficiency tracker
- Monitoring safety compliance with safety deviation tracking
- Directing construction site activities pertaining to subcontractors to include:
- Managing subcontractors
- Field compliance
- Project completion
- Scheduling and leading owner progress meetings
Specific qualifications for the Superintendent include:
- Bachelor’s degree, construction management degree preferred
- Five (5) or more years of construction superintendent experience, government or commercial construction experience is preferred
- Certification training to include:
- CQM (Certified Quality Manager)
- OSHA 30
- EM 385-1-1
- First Aid and CPR certified
- Strong technical skills, including proficiency with:
- Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Project—version 2019 and up
- SAGE 100
- Authorized to work in the US
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match
- Medical Insurance Plan which includes prescription coverage
- Voluntary Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & long term disability insurance
Build a better construction career with RealStreet!
RealStreet is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.