Traction Power Systems Substation / Overhead Catenary System Design Build Coordinator
College Park, MD 20737 | Temp/Contract to Direct
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As the leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for a Traction Power Systems Substation / Overhead Catenary System Design Build Coordinator (TPSS / OCSDB Coordinator) with one of our top clients. As a TPSS / OCSDB Coordinator, you will be supporting our client, one of the world’s largest engineer, procurement, construction (EPC), maintenance and project management companies. The TPSS / OCSDB Coordinator will join the project team supporting the construction of a large transit project.
The Traction Power Systems Substation / Overhead Catenary System Design Build Coordinator will be responsible for planning and managing work for transit rail design, construction, testing and commissioning. This role has the overall objective of managing and coordinating project activities that are in compliance with the contract and ensure the safety, quality, value, timeliness and profitability of the completed project, to include:
- Providing oversight of the major subcontractors
- Supporting design, installation and testing of traction power systems substation and catenary systems, components and software
- Performing site reviews in substations and along railroad alignment
- Interacting and directing sub-contractor related to design and construction
- Reviewing and providing monthly man-hour reports
- Reviewing and signing off on monthly pay applications
- Reviewing design submissions to include comment and verification per Concessionaire Design Quality Plan
- Participating in design coordination meetings between sub-contractor and other designers including duct bank design and clash detection, Light Rail Vehicle (LRV) interface and tunnel space proofing
- Participating in design coordination meetings between sub-contract and other designers on all systems aspects related to the Technical provisions to include control and monitoring of various SCADA systems and Fire and security systems
- Participating in TPSS / OCS Design and Construction Coordination
- Interfacing with MTA (or client representative) on issues related to TPSS / OCS
Specific qualifications for the Traction Power Systems Substation / Overhead Catenary System Design Build Coordinator role include:
- Accredited four year degree or global equivalent in applicable field of study
- Minimum of five years' experience supporting design, installation and testing of traction power systems substation and catenary systems and software.
- Understanding of local, state, and federal statutes and guidelines is preferred
- Experience working with MARC, WMATA and Amtrak is preferred
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Health, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Paid time off
Build a better construction career with RealStreet and apply now!