Water / Wastewater Engineer
Houston, TX 77057
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As a leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for a Water / Wastewater Project Engineer. This individual will support our client, a growing engineer service firm based out of Houston, TX with projects in Houston and surrounding area. The position provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes paid holidays, paid time off, an extensive insurance plan and a 401(k) retirement plan with a generous company match.
The Water / Wastewater Project Engineer will become a part of our client’s multi-disciplinary team in Houston, TX. This individual will be performing studies, design computations and construction observation of water, wastewater and environmental projects.
Responsibilities of the Water/Wastewater Project Engineer include:
- Handling multiple simultaneous projects
- Reviewing technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models to ensure ongoing adherence to client’s goals and requirements
- Providing design consultants with the design capacities for peak wet and dry weather flow for wastewater projects based on projected growth in the specific project areas
- Assisting in task scope definition and planning of assigned task packages
- Training and mentoring junior staff
- Preparing reports and presenting technical matter to project groups and stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) in the State in any US State is preferred, EIT required
- Seven (7) or more years of experience in water/wastewater design to include:
- Water transmissions
- Distribution and treatment systems
- Hydraulic analysis and environmental assessments
- Wastewater collection
- Proficiency with computer modeling and design software to include:
- MicroStation – Version 2019
- AutoCad Design – Versions 2018 and 2021
- WaterGems / SewerGems – Version 10.01.01.04
- HEC – RAS - 5.0.5
- Knowledge in US and State environmental protection regulations, SRF requirements
- Authorized to work in the US
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match
- Medical Insurance Plan which includes prescription coverage
- Voluntary Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & long term disability insurance
Build a better construction career with RealStreet!
RealStreet is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.